Each day Americans trust the U.S. Postal Service to pick up and deliver mail on time. And more often than not, billions of letters and packages arrive at their intended destinations. Recently, however, thieves have been targeting the USPS Blue Collection Boxes in our area, stealing mail and altering checks to use fraudulently.
Follow these five tips to protect yourself from mail fraud:
- Deposit outgoing mail inside a USPS location close to official pick-up times so you can ensure your mail arrives and is distributed safely.
- Don’t send cash or checks by mail when possible — instead, use bill pay or automatic debit (or ACH) to make payments.
- Use QCB’s PaySomeone to pay friends or family members safely and securely.
- Contact the sender regarding any overdue mail if you don’t receive a check, credit card, or other valuable mail you’re expecting.
- Request Signature Confirmation™ for the intended recipient if you do have to send something important via mail
If you do not receive checks, a credit card, or other valuable mail you’re expecting from QCB, please contact us immediately at (405) 755-1000. We’re here to help.